Tuesday, July 9, 2013

ASHA Schools Conference!!!

ASHA Schools 2013 
I am taking a break from my typical Tip Tuesday blog post to share with you that I will be heading to Long Beach, CA this weekend to participate in ASHA's Schools Conference!!!!  I'm super excited to learn, learn, learn!

As I will be gone the rest of the week, there will be no FREEBIE Friday post this week either.  But I'll be back next week with another fun freebie so please bare with me.


By the way...I have my monthly Kid Confidential article coming out this Thursday on ASHAsphere.  I am talking about Reactive Attachment Disorder so make sure you check it out!

Sooooooo.....back to the conference!

Will you be there in Long Beach this weekend?  If so and you see me, say "Hello"!

I will take very diligent notes and (with presenters' permissions) I will share with you some of the goodies I learn from this conference in the weeks to come.

Want to know what presentations I'm planning on going to?  Here's my possible list (let me know what you think):

  1. We Can Do This!  Practical, Powerful Strategies for Closing Literacy Gaps Using the RtI Model by Nancy Alemian Telian, MS, CCC-SLP
  2. Lend Me Your Ears!  Auditory Teaching Strategies for Young Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing by Teresa H. Caraway, PhD, CCC-SLP
  3. Enhancing Phonological and Metaphonological Systems of Children With Highly Unintelligible Speech: An Update by Barbara W. Hodson, PhD, CCC-SLP
  4. Treatment Decision Dilemmas and Strategies for APD by Gail J. Richard, PhD, CCC-SLP
  5. Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Thearpy Strategies That Make a Difference by David Hammer, MA, CCC-SLP

So, what do you think of my choices?  I hope I learn some new interesting things so that I can share them with all of you out there in the cyberworld!!!!

Now it will most likely take me a few weeks to blog about all the info I learn at this conference.  So please be patient and bare with me!

Happy Talking!!!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love the schools conference--but can't go this year. Great choices-I've heard Dr. Hodson & Dr. Richards, and am always interested in anything CAS. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...